Health & Safety
At S&K we recognise the importance of providing a health and safety conscious working environment for its employees, clients and members of the public. To that end, we fully comply with all current Health & Safety legislation and technical guidance, as full NASC members and working alongside our health and safety advisors, we keep up to date with changes within the industry and pass this on to our employees.
As a company, we are very knowledgeable about construction health and safety and strive to do our bit in keeping construction safe. We are always here to answer questions and offer guidance where required.
Our comprehensive Health & Safety policy is always available at our offices, with which all employees sign up to and comply with.
> Download our Health and Safety Policy
our Commitment to Health and Safety
- All Scaffold erected to NASC TG20:13
- Due to the importance S&K Scaffolding place on Health & Safety, all scaffolding personnel receive ongoing training and all hold CISRS Health, Safety and Environment cards.
- Daily tool box talks are given to all employees, relevant to the site they are working on.
- We operate a Scafftag® inspection system and handover certificates are issued as work progresses on each contract.
- Site Specific Risk Assessments and Method Statements are provided for each contract.
- Full safety equipment/PPE is provided for each employee, i.e. harness, safety helmet, safety boots, high visibility jacket and gloves etc.
- We have full employers and public liability insurance to the value of £10,000,000
All current employees are either fully CITB trained or undergoing training with the CITB. We have a steady stream of trainees on the apprenticeship scheme and take pride in inducting quality new scaffolders into the industry. Those undergoing training always work with a fully trained or advanced Scaffolder.
As an exception to the rule in the scaffolding industry, we have a very low turnover of staff with a number of our employees having worked for us in excess of 10 years. We believe this is in recognition of the training provided and the excellent working relationship maintained between the management and all employees. As a result, we send to site, scaffolding operatives who are knowledgeable, experienced and very easy to work with.